Thursday, June 25, 2009

Villeurbanne Badminton Club~

So yesterday, I played my last badminton game at the Iris gym, the usual place where Villeurbanne badminton club holds its weekly Monday and Wednesday’s badminton sessions. The funny thing is that I did not even know that yesterday was the last badminton session till after the session itself, and till people were wishing me good luck and asking me whether I’ll be coming back to Lyon in the future. Felt like an idiot lah. I didn’t even get any decent pictures of the gymnasium and some of the people in the club. It is a special place where I’ve made special friends: Ex national badminton players of France, the current European junior champion, a German leftie and a very nice couple. These people made my stay in Lyon more special than it already is. So to Benoit Azzopard : Thanks for being my doubles partner at Oullins, really enjoyed that. To Sylvain: All the best..train hard and see you at the internationl badminto circuit in the future.To Jana: It was nice to meet another exchange student who shared the same experience at the club. More importantly, it was awesome playing mixed doubles with you, don’t know when will we have the chance to play together again my fellow leftie. To Mehdi and Helen, thanks for being so nice, organizing tournament trips, dinner gatherings and making sure I fit in. It was definitely an honour and a pleasure..It was…….


No comments: