Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Learning Crisis~

Has anyone encountered a learning crisis? Learning crisis is(imo) the wanting to learn so many different things, but by one's own ability, only able to learn a certain amount during a fixed period of time. Recently i have this urge to learn/pick up a few things, namely computer hardware, C++ programming, traditional chinese medicine, furthering my guitar skills, ride a bike and roller blading. Suddenly felt very passionate abt learning all these things. I did some self relfection, and came up with a conclusion. Probably because in my whole teen life(probably childhood as well), i have only learnt 2 things. TO study and to play badminton. Devoted all my time on it, in my standards excelled in it.Moreover, having been trg in the army for almost 2 years now, with my brain rotting away, getting "haywired" Someone probably pressed the "Emergency button" to allow me to "wake my idea up" and get things going again.The "badminton" part of my brain is telling me to let it rest and ease a little Now, there seems to be a vacuum in my head that's crying to be filled up. The "other skills department" Its like the workers in that department have just woken up from a deep slumber, now just waitinng to get to work. Problem is, too many things to learn, too little time. Time is always the problem. At times i feel like there is too much time(the time inc pple keep sending me mails to subscribe to them), at times, too little. Hence, there must be a trade off somewhere. The economist in my brain , whois still in deep slumber, must draw the trade off graph and assist me to caculate the opportunity cost, for me to choose which activity to do, which activity to dump for later time slot, such that there will be learning optimization. If he can't help me do the maths and decide, i might have to call in the crisis management team. They're probably somewhere inside my brain..just need to find them. Crisis? Nah...

No comments: