Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Leaving Behind~

Many talk about the feeling of being left behind, the feeling of being lost, the feeling of isolation, feeling of not having anyone there to talk to, to confide in, to laugh with. Have you ever thought of the feeling of leaving behind someone? Either to the greener pastures, or the reddish mountains(sorry of my lack of vocab) ? That feeling, is in my opinion, as torturing, as painful as the feeling of being left behind. On Monday, i learnt that i will get posted out of my current unit, 3 DSMB next Monday, to G4 army MINDEF(still pending on the outcome of my CO and S1's persuasion with G4 to keep me). First thought in my mind: I wouldn't mind to post out actually, from the amt of work im getting(very little, and im on workaholic pls), and the amt of politics my branch has. I just can't seem to cope with that. This may be a God given posting to me, to a better place? Wouldn't know yet. Second thought: I'll be leaving behind a few good men. Although my appointment does not enable me to chiong sua and be some garang pc in the field, the kind of battle that we are fighting in the admin department is also not a stroll in the park. In fact, it might be even worse, given that the battle we fight is continuous ,without air to breathe at times. The pple that have battled for me and with me during our most difficult times. Pple like Puang (not Tuang) who is always there to provide support and always worrying, at times unecessarily, but more often than not, meant good, who single handedly gao tim the bn's PDS stuff. Not to forget James, the trustworthy right handman, having a brain of Pentium Z equivalent(coming out in the year 2040), doing things at lightning speed, making the impossible possible, and never saying no to anything. Chan, James understudy, who is not undergoin artillery fire, but taking it all like a man(although James and i get some of the repercussions). My hats off to all of them. Without them, life in my present unit would certainly be dull and monotonous. Now, i'll have to leave them behind, to move on. Unbearable, but manageable.(am i contradicting myself?). G4 army, here i come.

No man gets left behind

No comments: