Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Badminton~

I've never expected myself to be playing so much badminton here in the US. I play at least 2-3 times a week, and probably because of the ongoing Intramurals tournament that I'm playing in. But, because I took part in this tournament, I've gotten to know more people that I can play with, and the badminton atmosphere here is more fun than competitive, at least at the UW where I play. I've yet to venture into the badminton clubs, which offers higher standard of badminton and as a result higher fees?? Anyway, I broke my string on Friday while playing and was totally awestruck. Luckily for me there was Wufei, this nice Chinese guy who told me where to string my racket. It turned out to be quite disastrous cos firstly, the string, a YONEX BG 65 cost me 27 USD. Yeah tt's like 40.5 Sing dollars to restring 1 racket.OMG. Nvm, as if it didn't already broke a hole in pocket, a day later the guy told me he didn't know how to restring my racket cos the shape was different from the template given in the book (They restring mostly tennis rackets), so the shop, Avanti sports told me I could only collect it today cos the badminton expert would be down to string my racket. Thank god for him. Earlier in the day I received yet another phone call. Apparently the badminton expert called me and told me that 25 lbs is too high for a badminton racket. OK MAN. So he managed to convince me to tie at 23 lbs. When I went down to the shop just now, bad news rained down on me. While they were restringing the racket they broke the string, so i have to go back again tomorrow to collect it. Well done. So much for 40.5 Sing dollars of restringing. But I'm not complaining (am i??...aha) At least i can get my racket stringed here. Tomorrow, I'll be playing badminton again with Wu Fei and Tomas, 2 of the better players I've met playing at the UW, and am definitely hoping to meet more good players:)

No comments: