Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Singfest~

Well well, the "biggest" music festival is dawning upon us, with the "biggest" names in the music industry like Travis, Jason Mraz, Simple Plan, Stacie Orrico and Alicia Keys coming down to perform at the humble Fort Canning Park, it would definitely attract the "biggest" crowds, and oh did I mention the "biggest" price tag? Ok so amongst the aforementioned artistes that are performing, there is another handful of artistes that I have never heard of. So, with the hefty price tag of S$150 and S$200 (presale) for a Saturday and Sunday day pass respectively and S$300 for a 2 day weekend pass, I wonder how many people could actually afford the exorbitant price tags placed on these tickets. I know I can't. I have S$300 in my bank account, but I just don't see myself paying that amount for 20 hours a day of "entertainment" by artistes that I don't know of, and considering the fact that in the all star line up list of artistes I am only a fan of Jason Mraz, One Republic and Simple Plan, it just makes even more sense for me not to pay an average of S$100 to see these artistes perform on different days.

Kudos to the organizers for bringing in the bignames and putting Singapore somehere on the map for performing venues for big artistes. But boo to them for not allowing music fans to have a choice to pay for what they want to watch like how Mosaic Music festival does it. Biggest Music festival in Singapore? Biggest Boohoo to music fans who find the pricetag on this one just too much to bear.

No comments: