Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Meet the parents

So my parents came over to visit me in Lyon over the weekend, one part of their holiday which includes Paris and Hong Kong as other destinations. Well for me the most important thing was to make sure my parents were able to see that I could take care of myself while I am all alone overseas, so that they won't get worried and not to mention nag. Mum brought her famous Ngo Hiang all the way from home, and rendang and cooked on numerous meals while they were here. The picture above depicts the "Kampung style" meal we had with limited resources available at our disposal. Cosy and nice :) I brought them around the attractions in Lyon like Fourviere Hill, the Roman Amphitheatre, Place des Terreaux, Vieux Lyon, Croix Rousse and Park de la Tete d'Or. I think overall they love the city, as it has a charm that lingers in your heart. They especially loved the bicycle trip I took them to the Park and along the river. And thank god that the hotel I put them up in, Hotel du Theatre, turned out to be very nice.Overall I think I managed to pull it all off, and make an impression by the time they left for Paris. Hopefully I scored an A on the report card..haha.

You never know how much you miss home till home comes to you. The comfort of having home cooked food isn't appreciated until it isn't there. The love is not felt until you are all alone.

No comments: