Friday, April 24, 2009

The Slowness of Work

Work is getting rather slow these days. I’m not getting fast enough responses from Gwenaelle, the person from EADS Astrium so that I can do some experimenting and get some results on the model that we have worked on. Hence, work has been largely reading of articles and journals, improving on the Matlab code, writing some reports and doing up PowerPoint presentation slides. Not forgetting to mention msning, reading aldaily, facebooking, checking out travel stuff and listening to music ;)

It just gets on my nerve that I can’t do anything but wait, because I feel that I have a chance to come up with some good results and recommendations by the end of my Research attachment here, and hope that I won’t have to end the 22 weeks of internship leaving everything hanging in the air due to the lack of time. Professor Dufour, my supervisor has told me in the beginning that he doesn’t know if I can finish the project within the time that I am here because the project is new and there isn’t any ground when I came here. I want to try but at this working rate I’m really not sure.

It’s a relief that I won’t be going anywhere this weekend because I think I need a well deserved rest after 5 consecutive weekends of activities with the trip to London, the tournament at Oullins, the parents visit, castle hopping at the Loire Valley and the tournament at Montpellier respectively before another 6 weeks of activities which include the chillax trip to Corsica, Normandy and D day beaches, Malta with Jasmine and Terence, Marseille Nice Cannes Monaco with Melvin and co, Paris and Roland Garros, and finally Toulouse before I get another rare weekend free.

I’m stretching myself to the limits. But when there is something worth stretching to the limits for, when there’s someone worth stretching to the limits for, you will do it nonetheless, and feel good doing it. Want to thank God for restoring my strength, for rediscovering my youth within as without his grace and mercy, there won’t be anything at all:)


“You, by attempting to understand my ideals, have already saved me in a way”

No comments: