Monday, April 30, 2007

The Apple Orchard~

In my recent visits 2 orchard road after my examinations, i've begun to believe that Orchard Road is becoming unbecoming. It no longer seem to carry the kinda of atmosphere that it used to. Firstly the noticably green nets around scotts building. No they are not building a driving range golf enthusiasts, they are building residences in the heart of Orchard Road. Then, there is the new shopping centre they are building next to Orchard Mrt station, causing the place to feel so dusty and cramp. Furthermore to my amazement, there are "beggars", uncles selling chinese chestnuts and baskers the moment one exits from Orchard Mrt station. These doesn't seem represent the kind of top notch retail experience a shopper will get when they go to Orchard Road. On the contrary it feels more like Heartland mall to me. Feels like I'm getting a culture shock. Feels like people in slippers and shorts watching phantom of the opera. Feels like wearing a suit eating in a hawker centre. It just doesn't feel right. It feels like plucking rotten apples in an apple orchard.

Super shacked. Went back to rj today to play badminton, after not playing since the end of IVP.Shacked to the core. I think i won't be able to walk tomorrow man. My legs feel really sore after two singles matches with the 1st and 2nd singles of RJC. My touch was amazingly still intact and i could still play, but the legs just lost it for me.

I drove a mercedes S class today. And i felt like i was a chaffeur of a rich man. Indeed the car i drove was worthy of a rich man's car, and the person i was driving is definitely worthy of a rich man.





No comments: