Monday, May 19, 2008

Singapore in Seattle~

Firstly the weather has taken a drastic turn for the weekend. We have been hit by 25 degree celsius temperatures which called for the drastic change in fashion sense, and conducting of class?!?! I had one class today out in the open, on the grass. It seems that Seattlites really enjoy the sun, although it gives u sunburn like the one I got from the overexposure of my skin to the sun. Nevertheless, the experience was a "hot" one, and most of the time I don't think the class was paying attention to what Prof Cao was saying, rather just basking in the sun and probably thinking of what to do over the fabulous Seattle Summer weekend.

I on the other hand, had the Washington State Open badminton tournament for the weekend to worry about. I would say that I've done reasonably well for making it into the quarters for mixed doubles and doubles, and semi's for singles. On the other hand, I think I would have achieved a better result if I was in better shape and more used to the high intensity of the 3 day tournament. Playing 7 matches in one day is certainly not my cup of tea. The tournament drew several big players from the region this year, including Piotr Mazur, an ex polish national player and currently the US number 4 ranked player (apparently), ex Taiwanese, Israeli, and Indonesian national players as well. Despite the fact that fatigue has reign in all parts of my body, it was a great experience to play with these people and a great way to make new friends.

No comments: