Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The day I spent 6 hours walking~

Went to check out the Singapore Biennale with Kianboon yesterday, and took the opportunity to test fire the lx3 again and learn some photography stuff from Kianboon. Photography is a hobby that when you start picking up, u can't stop. The only thing that can stop you is the lack of financial resources to fund the equipment that would give you visually stimulating pictures that you wouldcrave and keep coming back for. Anywayz, we walked for about 2 hours plus at the South Beach development. If ya want to see everything for the SB, I think you would need an entire day cos there's just so much to see. After having dinner and parting ways cos he had tuition, I went down to the City Hall part of the SB and peeked my way through the exhibits, as the numerous dark rooms used for the exhibits, some of the wierdass exhibits themselves, the spooky corridoors and the lack of life at City Hall just gives you the creeps. Before the SB volunteers could involuntarily lock me inside City Hall cos they were closing, I headed down to where the day was eating the night and just immersed myself into the tranquil states of the brightly lit F1 track with scattered sounds of other lingering tourists and last minute works that are being done to the track. The streets won't stay silent for this long. I guess what I felt standing in the middle of an empty race track is tantamount to what Dr Robert Neville felt standing in the middle of a deserted NY city. Standing amidst the silence of the tracks, you just know that something big is coming. Something either really big, or something really loud. Haha...Here are some of the more interesting photos I took yesterday. Enjoy!


No comments: