Saturday, September 06, 2008

Enfin!!~

Finally, after a long gruelling wait, I have finally gotten hall. My distracted and wandering mind during Heat Transfer lecture would aptly decribe my mental and emotional state when I got the news that I've been offered a place in Hall 12 on Wednesday. I couldn't wait to go collect my keys lah. Unfortunately, I had to wait a leetle teeny bit longer because I had to account to people who had helped me or attempted to help me to get hall. Namely Albert, the Hall 2 officer who up a good word for me to SAO and Guojian who had been annoying his Hall 3 sports sec about my case. Once the Hall 12 officer gave the no go to transfer of Hall on Thursday, I moved. So, Hall 12 seems like a nice place to stay. It's pretty near school, and located in the Hall 3 and 16 cluster which makes NTU looks like a nice place to study in. Thankfully, my roommate is Singaporean. Hope to strike a good chord with him in our future times together. 

Finally, after 1 long week of work, I've completed my Flight Mechanics CA assignment. So much for just 15% of my final grade. But I have to say that through this assignment I have learnt so much more, and am still very approving of putting more weightage for grades on assignments than exams because the learning value is just so much higher. Ultimately, we are preparing ourselves for the industry, where we would need to learn to use the tools given to us to solve problems, to identify problems, to provide the solution. 

Finally, I've signed up as a member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. I was considering to sign up for it while I was in the States, but just didn't gave it enough thought to do so. Anyway, I guess the reason why I signed up as a member was because of the vast amount of educational resources they have on their site, and discounts you can get if you want to buy books by the AIAA which would justify the annual 20USD member fee.

Finally, my eyes are gettin better. In no less than a week, I'll be having perfect vision again(both inward and outward). I'm gonna miss my weekly dates with my opthomolgist, who will definitely miss me considering I pay her 45 bucks for 5 minutes of her time. 

No comments: