Tuesday, May 22, 2007

With Love from Guangzhou~

My hostel room has no mirror. I can shower and shit at the same time. Everyone can see u brushing teeth. The door of my hostel room is a rusty metal plate. You can get locked in ur own room by a prankster from the outside. Lights out strictly at 2330 hours. Hot water only comes on from 1730 to 2330. There is no bloody f***ing mirror in the room. My block is sanwiched between 2 girls block. Overall, experience 10/10. Comfort 1/10. Bring back army memories 8/10. Hostel view 5/10.

Besides the fact that accomodation is pretty, shall we say unexpected, so far ive enjoyed my time in Guangzhou. The shopping, the cheap cheap food (down here when u attend formal dinners at least 10 dishes will appear), the university (tomorrow i'm gonna crash some lectures) and the amount of practice that i get with my chinese. Pple here say we speak pretty good pu tong hua. Just played with Jin nan university badminton team today. We lost 1-4 overall. But i managed to win my match!! Pretty shack man...almost died in there. Score was 21-18, 23-21. Tomorrow we are gonna play with the Sports School, and they are so gonna woop our ass. So that's why im hanging out in wang3 ba1(internet cafe) and not resting and preparing for tomorrow's match. haha.

No comments: