Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Random Post~

The next 4 weeks will be a roller coaster ride, one with up and downs and many changes in direction. I'll be quitting my job at brewerkz microbrewery, in pursuit of full concentration, or rather fuller concentration towards Sports Camp. In my short 6 week stint working as a waiter, I've really learnt to humble myself to serve other people, not to mention balancing trays on my shoulders and plates on my arms, memorizing the vast menu that brewerkz has, and exposing myself to various beers and alcoholic drinks. Looking back, this has definitely been a rewarding experience, no matter how demeaning it might seem to some.

Sports camp is starting in less than 2 weeks. After one whole year of preparation and hard work and in the process having fun and sometimes being a bit of a letdown, I hope that the camp will be a success. After which, I'll be washing my hands off from Sports Club, a decision that has been made very much early before sports camp starts, a decision that stirred mixed feelings from different people, a decision that is firm and irrevocable. Perhaps I'm just a person who comes and goes in people's lives. In the activities i get involved in, i can't just find one and settle down in it, maybe because of my hunger to try everything at the same time, hence the inablity to commit to any fully.

School is starting in 3 weeks. So is World University Games. Despite wanting to settle into the academic term as quickly as i can, I yearn for that extra competitve feeling i can't get in a local tournament. (I think i made my previous point here). In primary and secondary school, missing two weeks of school is like "yeah man!! Missing school!! Woohoo!" In university, missing two weeks of school is "Oh shit..I'm screwed". That's what my head is telling me. My heart is telling me "Arh F*** it. Just go for WUG."follow your heart, not your head has always been my personal mantra. So started training seriously, and gonna get back into shape soon. Gonna try to woop some asses.

1 comment:

fivetwosix said...

Get me a job at brewerkz! ha ha ha, i still miss wait(eress)ing!

anyway, u're going Thailand for WUG eh? can i ask for a favour if you could pass something to my thai friend for me please?

alright, train harddd!