Monday, March 03, 2008

The Carefully threaded Path~

We are learning new things everyday. The already vast amount of knowledge and skills that continues to expand can't be held within our small little minds which although has such promising greatness, falls short of its potential because of our inability to let it reach its greatness. More often than not, one will learn new things only because circumstances forces one to learn it, and not out of choice. For example, in the case of adaptation, we would be forced to learn new things when thrown into unfamiliar environments.

Adaptation is something I am not unfamiliar to, and it would be safe to say that I am rather adept at adapting. Not until now. Not until I've met a new form of adaptation that is required of me. A new form that requires even more focus and concentration due to the environment in which its nature is volatile. So volatile such that one cannot be too comfortable in it. Because when you think you have adapted, its precisely the point where you have failed at adapting by getting too comfortable. Its like walking on the small narrow path up a mountain, where both sides are cliffs. One small wrong step because of your folly from the thinking that you are already confident of scaling the mountain will lead to disastrous outcomes.

People say I am guarded and oversensitive. I lie that I am not. The reason for which is to attempt to adapt, but once I adapt and let my guard down, I fail miserably at it. I need to be on my guard, especially with the things I say, for I have failed miserably in that aspect. Words can kill, words can heal. Sometimes you wish that you can take back what you say, but once the firing pin strikes, there is no turning back. There is a need for constant vigilance, for sensitivism and a level of guard, to ensure that we stay on the path that will lead us to greater things, the path that will lead to greener pastures.


No comments: