Sunday, April 13, 2008

Friday and Saturday~

Shit. Firstly I forgot to hand in my first HW for my Material Properties class. Dammit. But nvm about that. Joe Satriani came to Seattle to give a guitar workshop at Guitar Centre on Friday. For those who don't know who he is, he's probably one of the best in electric guitar playing in the world at the moment. Thanks to Dan, I managed to get to know about it. We went like 1 hour earlier at 5pm before it started, but there was already a queue that went for about a block when we were there. Thankfully, we managed to squeeze into the pathetically small room to hear him play and give some tips on electric guitar playing, which for about 80% of the time was too cheem, I had no idea what in the world he was talking about. Just practically amazed at the impossibilities one can even imagine.

Today, we woke up early to make our way to the Future of flight musuem and the Everett Boeing Plant for a Boeing tour. It was just simply amazing to see the assembly lines of the 747s, 777s, and 787s. We managed to see the 1st ever 787 being built right at the Everett Assembly plant, which also happens to be the biggest building on earth. When the tour guide mentioned that the building is so big that there are more than a million ceiling lights in it, I almost fainted. Haha...But from an aerospace engineering student point of view, the tour was definitely very educational and informative, showcasing the latest technology in commercial jets.

Despite the very interesting Friday and Saturday experience, I'm coming down with what I would call "first line of defence down". I'm down with a pretty bad sore throat, and hopefully it would not propogate to a fever. I'm doing all I can to prevent this from happening, and with friends like Michelle and Kiet offering herbal tea and medicine, I'm sure I would be able to regain my 1st defence line again. Now after all the fun, I need to get some rest.

Here's a song from Joe Satriani which I find beautiful. Sharing it with all of ya'll out there. Check out the uber nice riff somewhere at around the 2 min marker:)




2 months left to make things right.....

No comments: