Friday, February 27, 2009

Distractions~
 
Been rather distracted of late. Alot of things have been running through my mind. Good things though. I can't seem to focus at work, though I've not much of it. My professor "tua" me alot of times today. I was supposed to see him to discuss about some problems I had while trying to model the vibrational frequency response of a 2 Degree of Freedom system. And so I went to his office at 10 am this morning, but he was having a discussion with 3 other students and told me to come back 15 minutes later. So I went back to my office and bobbed around for 15 minutes and then got out of my office with my notebook in 1 hand and my pencil in the other and trooped to his office. The door was closed, and sounds of discussion was penetrating the door. So I trooped back to my office, and bobbed around again. This happened every 15 minutes from 10 am to 1130 am, and i think Hugo and Zaki (my officemates) must be wondering what in the world was going on with me. And when I went to his office at 1130am, I heard no sound and breathed with a sigh of relief, only to find the door securely locked when i tugged at the handle. WTH. So off to Brazil my professor will go and leave me here with virtually nothing to do for the next week. Unless he decides to reply my emails which he never does because i suspect that he prefers to see his students in person and answer their questions. 

There's so much to think about other than work. Badminton tournaments and sessions, trip planning, concerts, football matches, administration, bad french, skiing, museums and the interesting weekend to come;) Haha..sounds fun but it can be very very draining if it happens every weekend. The body has no time to recover, and that's when you start getting distracted..that's when you start to think too much.......

No comments: