Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Le Weekend Derniere~

Skiing was AWESOME. After 3 years of inactivity, I still managed to get my Wedge and my parallel turns right. Tried to teach some of the guys how to ski and the basics of skiing, but it wasn't really that easy. I was mostly skiing with Teijo, a Finnish exchange student who we got to know during the french course. Teijo was like going "This is great. It is so relaxing. I can do this everyday." And I was like aching and cramping all over and wondering how in the world is it relaxing?!? Guess I just wasn't used to skiing. I managed to conquer my first blue slope. The starting part was relatively easy, but when we got to the steep part, I almost choked. My current ability did not allow me to turn at fast speeds very smoothly, so when I got fast, my legs started running all over the place. It was so bad I just stopped in the middle of the slope and looked down at Teijo who was already down the slope looking up and cheering me on. Ultimately, I managed to overcome the slope and after that, I vowed that I will conquer a blue slope with ease the next time I shall ski. Skiing at the French Alps will not be the last for me that's for sure... :)

Wanted to attend the English speaking Anglican church  in Lyon, but the effects of skiing took over me and I only woke up at 1030 on Sunday morning. Spent the day watching movies, doing french homework and discussing our travel plans in France. This week is the last week of the french intensive course, and I will definitely miss it. Somehow I'll need to find the spark to kick start my research next week. Currently there's no momentum. I just feel like learning french all my 6 months here. Try to master the language (not master but at least be on a comfortable level of communication) I would say that my knowledge of the language has certainly improved, but still not proficient enough. Arh....


No comments: