Thursday, February 12, 2009

Settling In~

I'm kinda well and settled in Lyon after almost one month now. I've finally started work which seems to become a new challenge everyday day. I have found a badminton club which is pretty near school. It used to be a 20 minutes cycle on the velo'v, but now its just a 5 minutes car ride away thanks to Clement, a new found french friend from the Badminton Club de Villeurbanne. Playing pretty intensive badminton here, because there are some pretty good players around. Soon, I'll be playing my first tournament here. Victor and I went to the English speaking Anglican church last Sunday, and we made some new friends there as well, but the service was not something I expected. The sermon was rather short and hasty but it could be due to presentation about some counselling service that followed suit and maybe communion. We'll see how it goes next week. 

So, there's the few guys I will be travelling with (and yes NO girls, I had my fair share of experience). Kartik, Yok Hian, Wenjun, Elvin and Victor(sometimes) would be conquering France during the long weekends and public holidays. Elvin, Kartik, Wenjun and myself will be conquering Spain, Italy and Switzerland after our attachment. Planning has well started for the trips and it is important because its not easy to get travel tickets and accomodation during the holidays and the peak season. 

Ok gtg for french class now....Will update more about work in another post:)

No comments: