Saturday, September 29, 2007

Soft Side~

It is amazing how facebook, a utility tool invented by some Harvard graduate has evolved into a fad, from connecting students within Harvard University to connecting over 40 million people around the world. In my recent endeavour to be studious and attempt to catch up with my work which I've failed in certain aspects, I've explored further the realms of facebook, of those that I've been trying to escape from, leaving behing a long trail of notifications and requests waiting for my responses. Succumbed to them I have, and in my small little facebook adventure I've come to realised how technology has helped to liven up our monotonous and poor lives by creating small little things that paint smiles on people's faces. Gone are the days when you need to physically buy a flower to cheer a friend up, or even send a birthday card on the person's birthday. We can now "give a gift" to that person or write on the person's wall on facebook. These small little tools have eradicated the "hardware" and given us the "software" to communicate to our friends our emotions through a cheaper, less time consuming, more hassle free way. Bravissimo. You never know one day we could get married online, or even have a dinner party online through an online portal. Farfectched, but in my own humble opinion, the further you reach for, the further you will achieve.

Anyway, I've stumbled upon 2 amazing utility software that I would like to share. The first one's Registry Mechanic. It helps fix your screwed up registry such that your com will operate faster and stop lagging. The 2nd's SpeedUpMy Pc. Self Explanatary. These 2 gems made my com feel like a million bucks. So if you comm has a load of junk that acts like a chute behind a runing man, these two utilities are the gatorade.

Matlab = MADlab.

Recess is ending, time to upgrade the software and start up the hardware for another gruelling term, at the end of which would bring a deep satisfaction and an exciting anticipation:)

No comments: