Friday, October 05, 2007

A Long Day~

End to end stuff today man. Day started at 4am, waking up early not to watch champions league, but to send my parents to the airport for their mission trip to china. Then, I took the PIE from Changi Airport all the way to NTU for the first time cruising at a comfortable speed of about 110 kilometres per hour to conquer the wooping 40km across the island in half an hour. And due to my morning escapades, I went to school feeling stonish. Moreover, my stupid brand new contact lenses for the month tore when i tried putting on this morning...crap. Today Lee Kuan Yew came to speak at NTU in the Ministerial Forum which I've volunteered to become a student usher. Had the chance to open the door for him, in between which my door buddy and I stood for 3 solid hours, something I haven't done for a pretty long time. It was again sad to see the apathy of the Singaporeans with the QnA session dominated by foreigners, and whose English standards impressed upon MM Lee, who made a point earlier about Singaporeans having an advantage by knowing English in the 21st centur, only to be surprised that most of the foreigners who stood up to ask quetions could all commune relatively well in English and who all learnt their English in their homeland. Nevertheless, still inspired by someone who has the capacity to learn and to improve even when he is in his 80s.

No comments: