Thursday, January 03, 2008

Academia~

It is kinda interesting how you finally meet someone who you have corresponded with over the past 2 months without knowing who the person is or how the person looks like, to the point where you could have and I actually have mistaken a lady for a guy. Met with the academic advisors of the Aeronautics and Mechanical Engineering departments today to sort out the registering of my subjects, and I'm relieved to say that the months of hard work and research has paid off! I've gotten all my courses that I've requested for. For the first time in university history, I'm taking the maximum credits a student can take, but I'm ending school everyday like I'm in Secondary school. I'm not too sure why, but my timetable seems to be very empty, something which I'm not really used to. Well, I guess this is academic life in the US!

Shifting from one worry to the next, textbooks in US are super expensive! I wonder why a USD$150 textbook can be sold in Singapore for S$30....It just doesn't make any cents. Luckily, I brought a text from Singapore that can cover me for 2 courses, now I'll just have to worry abt the rest.....

No comments: