Sunday, January 06, 2008

Factory Outlets~

It took us an early morning call, 2 hours and 3 buses to brave the unexpected chilly winds and cold weather to get to the Seattle Premium Outlets , but it was a worthwhile trip which reaped many returns. Spent like 6 hours at the place, just marveling at the prices of the branded goods on offer, all seeminginly unbelievable, but seeing is believing. And one starts to wonder why we would have to pay so much at a retail outlet in Singapore or anywhere else, when what another would be paying halfway across the world would be dirt compared to the amount that we pay. So much on offer, but only so much I can buy for the moment. It was painfully difficult to control the urge to get all the stuff that I want, considering I could easily spend hundreds on clothes and accessories only on the 1oth day of my exhcange. Rationality won compulsiveness. In the end, I settled with my first gap and levi's shirts, both of which cost S$15. Happy and satisfied. No doubt that I will return to the Factory outlets, and maybe more often in the Spring season to catch the Spring Sales. For now, its 2 more days to the start of school, 2 more days to the end of holidays (depending on how one defines it) , 2 more days to the start of mugging, 2 more days to embrace the next stage of culture shock.

No comments: