Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Magical Aspect~

Besides the fact that school uncannily resembles hogwarts, undeniably to many even the locals, there are many magical aspects of the US. One of which is getting 10 marks deducted for using pen on an assignment. A first of many for me here, the Teaching assistant said that if we want to use pen, we would have to write only on one side of the paper, else it would be messy. I took a 2 second blank stare before I registered what he actually said, although I didn't quite comprehend the meaning of his sentence. There's like seriously no link man. Did I tell you that my TA has the persona of the male equivalent of a blonde?

Ben and Jerry's. Chunky Monkey's. 1 TUB. USD$3.33=SGD$5.00. If you couldn't believe that on the 1st look I'll forgive you, cos its so magical. I've never pigged on a tub of chunky monkey's while surfing the net and all, the most i've had was like a scoop that will cost me close to the amount I pay for a tub here. Well, despite the weather, we are still going strong on the ice cream! Then there's Pandora, the music genome project which we can't use in Singapore(wth right??) Because of its unique mapping nature of songs to the listener which might induce an interest, I have today alone got to know 8 tres beau songs.

Honestly I'm not a real fan of ORIGINAL Polo Raulph Lauren T shirts, not because they don't look nice( I have 3 fake ones), but because they don't cost nice. Fortunately, there's a spell you can cast to bring the price down. Easy peazy. Just say "Factory Outlets!" and viola, a 100 plus Sing dollar Original Polo Shirt magically reduced itself to 30 Sing dollars! Say the magic word again and u get a pair of Nike shoes for 45 Sing! Its so magical, its irressistable. Well this is probably basic magic 101 for dummies. There are so much more to come, much more than one can fathom, perhaps because of its magical nature, that is not meant to be understood and comprehended, but to be accepted just as it is.


Sorry but i can't resist putting up these pics cos I'm just so happy with the buy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah.. u go there shopping or study?? so cold still eat ice cream?? haha.. hope u are enjoying urself and doing fine at the other side of USA!!