Friday, January 18, 2008

Assimilation~

Someone talked to me in Aeronautics class today which only lasted 5 minutes. I was cursing and swearing on my way out of class that I had to drag myself out of bed at 7 to come for 5 minutes of class which was supposed to last for 2 hours, and had a gruelling but fufilling 6 hours of break before the next lesson at 1430. Todd, I will remember him for quite a while, as I was seriously contemplating the time I would break silence in class, and how to do so, especially when the class is so tightly knit,somewhat similar to the aerospace cohort back in NTU. It is, in fact easier for them to reach out than for me to break in. Nevertheless, I was totally caught unaware by this gesture that involved turning his head 180 degrees from the board and asking me whether I was new in class. The picture I painted in my head was more like just asking the guy sitting next to me how to do a tutorial question. I had a study session with a new found friend from Thermodynamics class today also. Similar circumstances brought us together, and I hope it will be a weekly thing, cos he seems like kinda a nice guy. Played badminton today, and got to know an AngMo guy tt plays not bad badminton!! Finally found a kaki that Randy and I can play with. For dinner, we ate at a fast food chain called Jack in the Box, for the sole reason of getting a coupon that can redeem one a free Sonics NBA game. So I'm gonna watch my 2nd NBA game for free! And it would most probably be Sonics Vs Spurs on 29th Jan. Hence, if you define assmilation as getting into the culture, mixing with the local community, and watching NBA games, I would say that I have begun the process, albeit a slow one. And boy am I glad it finally did.

No comments: