Sunday, March 29, 2009

Daylight Savings and the iPhone~

I'm up early today for the tournament at Oullins. But 1 hour earlier than expected. There was an adjustment in time due to daylight savings and at 2 am CETS this morning, and it was supposed to jump 1 hour ahead to 3 am CETS. So, having arranged to meet Marion, a friend from Villeurbanne badminton club to pick me up at 7:50 am to go to the tournament venue, I figured that I needed to be up at 6:40 am thereabouts to prepare myself. (I like to take my time in the morning and be very chillax). And so before I slept, I adjusted the time on my iPhone, my trusty alarm clock (the tune I wake up to is really tt of an alarm) 1 hour earlier, since I would have lost 1 hour of sleep. So this morning I heard the alarm, got out of bed, stripped, and got into the shower rather routinely. While I was guggling listerine in the shower, I saw the time on my watch as 4:45 am. Now wait a minute. WHAT? After showering I verified the time on the iPhone. It was 6:55 am. Wierd. I googled "Lyon time". It said 5:55 am. OMG. So this is one more reason why you should get the iPhone.Cos it automatically changes the time with regard to daylight savings for you......

No comments: