Thursday, March 26, 2009

London was beautiful.....

Not because I arrived there 2.5 hours behind schedule, and forced Kiki to wait for me although she had a 9am class the next morning. Not because I visited Leceister Squre, Trafalgar Square, Westminister's Abbey, the Big Ben, Buckingham's Palace, Hyde Park and King's Cross. Not because I went ice skating in London with Eugene, not quite a usual touristy activity to do in London. Not because I watched Wicked the wicked musical which was so enjoyable with Kiki. Not because we had dinner at Belgos and ordered the beat the clock menu before the musical and ate Korean cuisine after the musical. 


Not because I went to the British Museum on the 2nd day morning with Kiki and Charles and had lunch after with Eunice and Charles at a very nice restaurant. Not because I visited Saint Paul's cathedral, walked along the Thames, glanced through Borough Market and took loads of pictures of the Tower Bridge (London bridge). Not because I decided to go to the Tower of London for just 50 minutes despite the fact that the ticketing lady told me that I needed at least 3 hours in the place. Not because i ate fish and chips on the tube. Not because I went to the Overseas Christian Fellowship Easter celebration and had dinner with the whole jean gang. Not because Melvin and I visted Jerald's place thereafter to end of the night.




Not because I went to All Souls church with Jerald and Melvin on Sunday morning and attended my first 'real' church service in 3 months. Not because we had roasted duck and solid chinese cuisine at Four Seasons restaurant for lunch in Chinatown. Not because I went to O'Neils, a pub to visit my new found friend Thibaut who was working there. Not because Kiki, Melvin, Jerald, Jasmine and myself took the afternoon to visit Greenwich and see the Meridien line. Not because the weather was so good that we decided to sit down and chill at the park. Not because we went to Eugene's house to visit after though without Jerald. Not because we had dinner together with Qing Zhao and Ee Jean, Kiki's flatemates at another Chinese restaurant where we had 'carrot cake' and 'Char Kway teow'. Not because I visited Melvin's house on the last night. Not because I had to wake up at 3am and Kiki woke me up because I was so tired that I couldn't hear my own alarm. Not because I took my last morning 20 minute stroll to the Easybus pick up point at Gloucester Place to Stanstead Airport.


But because of the friends I managed to meet, catch up, talk and do things together with. And the new friends that I met. The memories that I have in London because of these friends, makes London the hardest to leave of all my destinations thus far, which also makes London a special city in my heart, a city that part of me have been left behind, a city that has some familiarity and comfort , a city that is so beautiful :)





No comments: