Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The things we leave behind~

Skiing on the slopes of La Norma was simply....magical. The snow covered trees, the fresh untouched snow, the tranquility, the bear paw prints. It is by far the best skiing experience so far, not to mention the good company to ski with. I finally mastered parallel turns on my skis at the blue slope. The feeling was exhilarating. It was special. At the end of the day when I took out my ski boots and put the boots and skis in the bus, I wonder to myself when will I have the opportunity to experience something magical again. The last time it took 3 years. I can only cherish the moment while it last, and while your heart yearns for more, you can only await the moment to come. 

Its difficult to turn people down, to tell them that you can't because you have something else, that the something else might seem so much more important than them, although its not true. It aches to see the expression on the faces, and the tone of the voices, which do not match the consolating and accomodating response that follows. After a while, it won't be me who would be turning them down, it would be them who would be turning me down. Sometimes I wish I could be less preoccupied with things I have to do, have lesser things I want to do, and just be there for someone, be there when I'm called, to be able to spend time with them, and not turn them down, for the things and people you leave behind, at the end, they will not be the ones who are left behind. You will be. They will have moved on, while you can only hope that they'll still be there for you, waiting. 

No comments: