Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Living of my new house~
Fine Friday~

Literally. I got a parking fine, for which i still think i do not deserve. The senario was like this: I was to meet Jan at East Coast Park hawker centre for some terrific Sinapore food before she flies down under today. My car was parked in position. The image of the URA parking signboard saying 50 cents for every half hour flashed in my mind vividly. I bent over to the left side and pulled the vehicle compartment open. Damn. No more parking coupons. I looked around. The carpark was packed to its capacity with no sign of another fellow driver going to move out. Time was 1925 hours. Mmm...parking attendent at east coast park on a friday evening? I don't think so. I locked my car, strolled to the park bench facing the sea, and admire the aeroplanes fly by in the dark blue sky as they make a routine attempt to land at the all time busy Changi airport..........

"What's that noise?" It was after dinner, we were on our way to see my new house.
"oh S***" It can't be. My heart pounded as i glanced to see that there was a little paper fastened to my windscreen by the wipers. I slotted into a lot by the side of the road. Walked out......my heart sank. It was unmistakable. The familiar long thin strip of paper which i recalled that i got not so long ago. Haiz...for the rest of the journey Jan called me a "fine" gentleman. Ok. It was sort of wrong for me to assume that the parking attendent won't come. It was also wrong of me not to go attempt to get a parking coupon from someone or somewhere. But the intent of putting it was there....However intent is not good enough. People can say, people can argue, but can people put into action what they say? Alas, action speaks louder than words. Will the Panel and prosecutor actually care about what Lt Sean, the defending officer has to say in defence of Sg Peh? Will Sg Peh's action of getting caught in possesion of illlegal items already decided his fate? It is ultimately the action taken by the panel and the prosecutor that will seal Sg Peh's future. In my opinion, there are roads of Sg Peh's fate. One, a simple fine and he can go on with his life and get on with his marriage plans. Two, a short term in DB, a black mark in his record. I really hope that Sg peh can get away with a fine......

It was indeed, a Fine Friday.

A Sunset in one land is a Sunrise in another
Always look on the bright side of life!

No comments: