Sunday, July 10, 2005

Lovely~

the word that describes my weekend:) It has been a really lovely weekend, a weekend that is sooo fulfilling, so energizing and so well spent. Playing guitar for Prayer and Praise at BRMC on friday nite. Yes folks, fer me, anytime after 1730 hrs on friday is considered weekend. The weekend mood just starts from there. Even on friday itself im already almost on weekend mode..just have to wait for the job to be done, and the various routines to go through and hellooooooooooo Weeekend!!Continuing, painting my new house on Sat morning, it was a hot, sweaty, painty sat morning. Went out for lunch and a movie with a junior in the afternoon. Wactched fantastic 4...it was well...not say fantastic, but reasonable for $9.50. Then at night went to Civil Service Club for dinner, where i met the BOTAK pin(his head not so pin-nish after all, more like eggish..no offence:) Then today leh, church, dota, more painting, and finally to end the day had a lovely outing in IKEA, where we bought many many things for the new house. My weekend was really squeezed to the max, rushing here and there to meet friends, do personal stuff, having dinners, continuing the daily routine....but it was totally cool and enjoyable. I just hope that every weekend i have can be so fruitful. and to top it off, Today is Payday:)

My clerks tell me that i have alot of patience. Patience with my chief clerk, who has the loudest and longest burp i've ever heard, who never fails to act blur in times of need, and act smart in times of....no need. Who takes forever to close a simple window on her computer, who is ever sooooo worried abt every small little things. Patience with a-boi kwek, who is very computer illiterate, trying to teach him how to operate microsoft word and excel to do simple tasks and documentation. Patience with.....a particular clerk, who in my other clerks opinion, is trying to "play" with me.

In 3 weeks, i have only seen this guy 3 times(or something close to that). He seems to have the ability to fall sick almost every other day, and find reasons not to come to work. Because of certain reasons i tolerated his antics until now. Now, my patience is running thin. In my opinion, i have been too nice, too lenient, and too soft-hearted as an officer. I have never questioned my clerks when they ask me for leave or when they report sick. So far, none of them have abused that trust, except this one. I think the other clerks have given me respect for the respect that i have given them...ya noe, mutual respect. i trust them, they trust me. My patience is running thin, and i am going to take action pretty soon. If i do not take action, the respect that i have gained from my other clerks will vanish into the thin, cool air.........

No comments: