Monday, July 04, 2005

Newer than e New kiD oN da block
Hello, this is totally new fer me... but i guess i'll get the hang of it, and soon pple will start to be able to read all kinda nonsense and corny stuff that i put on this page.
Anyway, today was the finals of the AVIVA open. I just have something abt AVIVA. their big yellow banners all over the indoor stadium with that cool blue AVIVA word printed nicely on it, their "AVIVA" fans wearing the bright yellow AVIVA shirt,the little girl sitting at the back of me and aaron making so much noise and constantly hitting aaron's head with tt AVIVA yellow balloon thingy, and of course my AVIVA insurance policy. The one which i bought during my BMT, afraid that something will happen to me during army. The salesman was like telling us "....and u noe ah this guy...." "and that guy...." "serious injury..." " he died..." still can remember i was pretty freaked out... Back to thee point. it was a thrilling 6 hours at the indoor stadium, with top class badminton players playing badminton at its very best. Its SOOO amazing how the players move and retrieve the shuttle and hit it with such power and speed. Analyzing my current standard and my current training "regime", i'll be able to attain their level in.......a zillion years. The badminton circle and scene in Singapore has definitely grown bigger over the years, with alot more pple coming forth to watch the tournament, more sponsors, more advertisements...and more support. More importantly, more youngsters picking up badminton. After losing touch from reality due to the fact that i was busy serving my nation in national service and hence the badminton lay off for over a year, i realise that there are alot of new faces that i have not seen before in the game. Its only 1 year man...makes me feel soooo old. Nvm...as long as the heart and soul remains young. It's wat's inside that count It realli heartens me to noe that the sport in Singapore is doing realli well. Maybe in 2012 we will realli be able to make it to the thomas cup finals...Mmm..maybe.

No comments: