Friday, December 21, 2007

Hairdresser~

Maybe its just me, or maybe its the word "xiu". Hell I don't even know what the word means, but I think it means to trim. I assume that trimming in hairdressing terms is to make neat the hair presented to the hairdresser, without a drastic change in length of the hair. And to "cut short" would mean to cut by an amount such that the length of hair that is short. Apparently when I went to the hairdresser today, she took off more hair from what I have left on my head. So maybe if "xiu" is cut short, trim would be "xiu xiu"...haha!!! It seems that she takes pleasure in cutting my hair. It seems that guys must all leave the hairdresser with short hair, if not they weren't there for a haircut. Before me, there were two guys who cut slope and had their sideburns trimmed. Perhaps she was experiencing a post hair cutting rampage syndrome. It probably seemed even wierder to her that she didn't have to use the shaver like machine on me, only using scissors, clips and comb. I have to say that my hair now has a rather Asian taste to it, something that I would prefer not to have. Like trying to look cool but not cool at all. Its kinda hard to communicate with the hairdresser what one wants, especially when there maybe cultural differences. Like before she cut my hair, she asked me " U wanna Spike?" Almost everytime I go to the hairdresser, I get that question. Maybe I should reply "Eh Auntie, what you see is what I go out with." When I find a hairdresser that can understands me, I'll definitely stick with him/her.

No comments: