Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Week~

Besides the settling of GIP stuff like collecting of my US visa which looks way cool, probably due to the fact that I had this phobia of the embassy rejecting my application, I had Cheers Doubles tournament every night, coupled with supper after each match, which we seriously thought that there is more weight gained from the supper than weight loss from the matches. Well, this year managed to get to the Quarter finals, at which we lost to Rocky and Aman, who went on to clinch the Men's doubles title. Competitive badminton has always been something I look forward to. The sense of satisfaction that one gains from it whether you come out victorious or beaten doesn't really matter. Its the "shiokness" that gives you the kick.

Yesterday, was supposed to meet my sports camp Programmer group Ah Choos for an afternoon drinking session at Brewerkz then eat XO Fishhead beeehoon at Holland. In the end, we ended up drinkin coffee and eating toast at Ya Kun and eating dinner at this sushi place which was not too bad. Caught The Heartbeak Kid after that too! It was a very gd laugh, albeit it being an R21 film and those under 21 won't be able to catch it. I seriously or rather comically for that matter, recommend this movie to all who are mature in the eyes of the law. Be prepared for some crude adult humour and if u don't wanna go into the movie and muttering "HUH??", I suggest u read up on some "positions". ehem.
Ended the day eating cloud number 9 from ben n jerry's, something so outrightly sinful. You just have to see the picture to understand why.

Today, I volunteered for a community service project called Operation Homeworks coordinated by the Habitat for Humanity organization. We cleaned houses of old folks in Chinatown. And trust me, it was extreme cleaning man. I have never seen anything like that in my life before, and can't imagine people staying in such dilapidated conditions. At times you cringe at the sight of bedbugs crawling all over the place, or the ultra thick layer of dust that has collected over eons on a surface, or the strong smell of urea that fills the air in the house but you know that you have to do something to help these pple, and to do so we would have to control our disgust or fear of these stuff. It was truly a humbling experience and an eye opener for me.

Just came back from the RJBT farewell 07 and I would have to say that the captains did a very good job in organizing a very meaningful farewell for the seniors. The videos and the sights of camaraderie within the current team which Sarah and I noticed and us being J6 this year certainly brought back good memories of the past made us miss those days that were truly the days of our JC lives. Tomorrow, it would be filling in in bass guitar for Upper Room service at 730 am, followed by Ushering for main service at 1030 am, and then rounding up the day with a bbq at Rachel's place for Joel's and my farewell from the Shineforth band.

No comments: